Saturday, July 12, 2008

Radishes

The garden is looking, well, it's just looking.

I've tried to be good about weeding but anytime the weather is perfect it usually begins to rain, so I don't get out nearly as often as I would like. I think the garden would also look better if I had a little help from everyone else that is involved, although when I did go out the other day to finish weeding the beans I noticed someone had made a bit of an effort to pull some. However, they didn't do much.

This is a big garden, there is a lot to do. I'm the only one whose picked any lettuce to far. The potatoes are, or rather were, growing nicely but there are so many potato bugs to count. Some plants have no leaves left. I've tried to control them the best I can but I'm still pretty new at all this, and it would take me all day to really get them under control. So, I try not to make things perfect out there and just enjoy what progress I make.

On a good note, when I showed my husband where the zucchinis were along with a few other things I had planted he pointed out the carrots popping up through some weeds. I will admit, I had them for lost along with some other plants that didn't come up so I just let the weeds take over. So, I have carrots, or will....I also decided to pretty up around the zucchini plants and while pulling some weeds I notice a non-weed. By golly we have the radishes. I had handed them to my daughter to plant. I didn't realize she had planted them in the same place as the zucchini.

No comments: