Monday, July 28, 2008

Beans

The beans are done! In fact, they are more then done. I've filled my freezer and my only option now is canning. It's a little hard because I have no idea how many beans I really get in the grand scheme of things, so i will take what I need and see if anyone else ever comes to pick any beans.

The tomatoes are getting ripe. The ones that are now are huge but as soon as they get red the bugs start in on them, so I've begun picking them at a light red color. Most of the tomatoes are hitting the ground.

We've been eating the cucumbers and they taste so good. What a nice refreshing snack. We don't eat pickles so I won't be pickling them but I will pick some and take them to the neighbor to tell him he can pick some and also to talk about his plans for the beans and potatoes. I don't know if he is waiting or hoping I will pick the beans or what, which I will I don't mind, but I just don't know what he wants at this point. This experience has given me some ideas for next year and I will hopefully have things under better control as I gain more experience. This was my first 'real' gardening experience and so next year will come more and then the year after that even more.

No comments: